My name is Michelle Ward, I am Junior at the University of South Alabama. I am working on my Bachelors degree in Elementary Education. I love learning and I think that you should learn something new everyday. As much as I love being a student, I love being a teacher even more. Teaching gives me a daily opportunity to learn and laugh with children. I believe that the aim of education is to enable a continued capacity for growth. By awakening a natural curiosity found in young minds to help them discover new things, including finding out that learning is fun.

My Teaching Philosophy

Technology

I am a firm believer in integrated curriculum and content. Life isn’t in isolated boxes, so learning shouldn’t be either. Technology should play an important role in my classroom. It will be integrated into subjects across curriculum.

iTunes U-This is a great way to show videos in the classroom that can go along with Science, Math, Literature, and can be used as a study aid for students that have an iPod.
Class Wikis- I will use this for creative projects.
Blogs- I will have a class blog that my students will be able to find resources, handouts, and view their work they have done in class.
Google Docs- Collaborative work.
SmartBoards
Games and virtual learning
Twitter
Podcasts

There are so many different forms of technology that I can use as Teacher to enhance curriculum. I will try all of them, if the research is there to show that it has worked successfully for other teachers, to find the most effective technology applications for my teaching style. Technology will be the most important aspect of continuing my own education because of the rapidly changing shift from traditional teaching methods.